Young Professional (YP) members are a vital and active group of AIChE members. AIChE Young Professionals are:
- Under the age of 35 and have graduated from an undergraduate institution,
- Those new to the working world,
- Masters or PhD students,
- Those looking for a career in chemical engineering post-graduation, and
- Those who have been working for a few years and starting to advance in their careers.
The Young Professionals Committee (YPC) works to increase participation among Young Professionals in AIChE benefits, services and volunteer opportunities. The committee
- Serves as an intermediary between undergraduate students moving into the next phase of their professional or academic careers,
- Creates technical and social programming for YP's at AIChE conferences,
- Supports sub-sections of local sections that hold events especially geared toward YP's,
- Supports and vocalizes the needs of YP's within the Institute, and
- Helps define the future of AIChE and the chemical engineering profession.
Interested in getting involved? E-mail email@example.com for more information.